- Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University
- MPH, Public Health Informatics
Relevant Coursework: Data Mining, Data Visualization, Methods in Biomedical Informatics
- University of California, Berkeley
- B.S., Microbial Biology
- Predictive Analytics
- Leveraging computational statistics and machine learning to extract information from data, build useful models, and drive better decisions.
- Health Domain Knowledge
- Experience in analyzing large, unstructured datasets from insurance claims, electronic health records, genomics, and health policy experiments.
- Data Storytelling
- Transforming raw numbers into narrative visualizations that communicate technical ideas and insights to non-technical audiences.
- Languages: R, Python, SAS, SQL
- ML Packages: caret, scikit-learn
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Version Control: git
- Programs: Excel, ArcGIS, Treeage
- Visualization: ggplot2, seaborn, D3.js
- Data Scientist
- Omada Health - San Francisco, CA
June 2015 - present
- Research Associate
- Columbia University, Dept. of Health Policy - New York, NY
Dec 2013 - May 2015
Coordinated statistical analyses of health policy studies in conjunction with stakeholders from NYC Department of Health and the US Census Bureau. Ran robust regression and cost-effectiveness models on high-performance computing cluster to validate a state-level health insurance study.
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Columbia University, Dept. of Epidemiology - New York, NY
Feb 2014 - May 2015
Led R programming unit. Developed interactive R programs to optimize cleaning and analysis of high-throughput epigenomics data. Ran regression analyses of experimental and observational studies relating to obesity and cancer.
- Policy and Data Analyst
- City Council - New York, NY
Jan 2014 - Aug 2014
Directed cost-effectiveness research essential to the introduction of new legislation (Intro 0214-2014). Managed database of over 25,000 voters. Applied supervised machine learning to optimize messaging campaigns. Developed front-facing web application using NationBuilder API. Automated statistical and GIS reports to improve operations and inform policy.
- P&T Wealth Management - Cupertino, CA
Apr 2013 - Aug 2013
Leveraged Salesforce.com CRM to identify opportunities, needs, and gaps for health providers. Cleaned redundancies in database to optimize SQL queries. Led organization of seminars and events averaging 100+ attendees.
- Director of Program Development
- Asian American Center - San Jose, CA
Sep 2012 - Apr 2013
Designed Affordable Care Act curriculum for low-income immigrant population. Created program evaluation framework to assess effectiveness of intervention. Organized community health event for 200+ attendees.
- Founder and Chairman
- VISION High School Outreach - Berkeley, CA
Jan 2012 - present
Founded state-wide high school program to address issues in culture and higher education. Created and manage annual scholarship fund for Vietnamese high school students totaling $20,000+.
Ryan Quan — [email protected] — www.ryancquan.com